Have I ever told you guys how much I love breakfast? I’m not sure if I have, so here it is: I LOVE BREAKFAST. It’s so simple, yet so scrumptious. I feel like when living a healthier lifestyle, breakfast foods are the one thing that you don’t have to change too much… You can still have your bacon, and eat it too!
Anyway, I’m sure if you are here now, you’ve most likely tried or at least heard of my “Almost Famous” Biscuits N Gravy Bake . Now that one was truly a masterpiece and completely born out of crazy hungry breast feeding hormones when I first began Weight Watchers back in October of last year. I feel like nothing can top that. I feel like I may have hit my peak in the breakfast world. Don’t worry though, I never stop trying. I’ve become used to having either the B&G Bake or my Cheesy Sausage Hashbrown Bake for breakfast just about every single morning of my life, and I love it! So does Pepper, but I’ve got this handy dandy thing called a food blog now, so I need to keep trying new things, and also try to remember some of the breakfasts I used to make before these two delicious bakes.
When it comes to breakfast, I like it savory 99.9% of the time. Give me eggs, give me bacon, give me cheese. And this recipe here includes all things hearty and savory.
I have a confession… like a really legit confession.
I seriously love Mcdonald’s Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits.
I feel like admitting that basically makes me look like I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to flavor, but trust me, I do. My palate ranges from an animal cracker dipped in peanut butter, to a pretty plate of Chicken Saltimbocca with a garlic white wine sauce.
On a side note: I’m laying in bed typing this and I turn to Eric to ask him how to spell “Sambooca” and he’s says s-a-m-b-u-c-a and I’m not like no, that’s not right. I’m talking about Chicken Sambooca, not the russian liquor. So I google it real quick and realize I’ve been pronouncing Saltimbocca … Sambooca for the past 5 years. Full Disclosure: I make words up entirely too much.
Extra Full Disclosure: I will most likely continue to call it Sambooca for the rest of my life.
These are the reasons Eric loves me so much. I know this.
I honestly don’t even know why I am talking about Chicken Saltimbocca (Sambooca). I need to go bed.
But, not before I give you this brand spankin’ new delicious recipe from the DDOP Kitchen!
Oh right, I remember now. I love Mcdonald’s Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits, and this breakfast casserole tastes IDENTICAL… and it really, really makes my belly happy. It’ll make yours happy too, I promise!
Now here’s what ya do!
Grab seven eggs, 3 tbs of milk, and some salt and pepper, and whisk your little heart out.
Fry up 8 slices of bacon until slightly crisp! Mmmmmmm Bacon is my favorite.
Chop up the bacon. Try not to eat a couple little pieces. I failed. I ate a few or five. Also, cut 15 biscuits into small pieces.
Toss in about half the bacon and all of the cut up biscuits in with your eggs.
Mix it all up!
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and pour in the mixture.
Pop in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Grab some good old fashioned American Cheese! I personally think this is what really makes the bake taste so delicious. Feel free to use a different type of cheese if you aren’t a fan though. I won’t take offense! These are american cheese slices made with 2% milk.
Chop into small pieces. This is actually the hardest part about this entire recipe because it’s tedious and American cheese likes to stick together.
Now grab the bake out the oven and top with cheese and the rest of your bacon! MMMMM.
Pop back in to the oven for about 5 minutes.
and Voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious, lighter on calorie, homemade bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit in the form of a casserole that EVERYONE will love.
Enjoy! Lots & Lots of Love from my kitchen to yours..
- 7 eggs
- 3 tbs 2% milk
- 4 slices American cheese made with 2% milk
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 1 1/2 7.5 oz cans buttermilk biscuits (found in the refrigerated section. Pillsbury makes these in a four pack. 10 Biscuits to a can. you will need 15 biscuits total, cut into small bite size pieces. If you cannot find these smaller biscuits go ahead and grab the regular sized buttermilk biscuits and weigh out 11.25 oz- if you want the exact same calories/points)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry up 8 slices of bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper.
- When the bacon is done, chop up into small pieces.
- Add 1/2 the bacon and all of the cut up biscuits into the bowl with the eggs and stir together.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Pop into the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grab 4 slices of American cheese and cut into small bite-size squares. Set aside with the other half of the bacon.
- When the bake is done remove from the oven and evenly distribute the cheese and the bacon. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut six servings and enjoy!!
- Serving size 1/6 of the pan: 8 Smart Points. 280 Calories. 12g fat. 3.5g saturated fat. 27g carbs. 1g fiber, 4.5g sugar. 17g protein.