I’m not sure when buffalo chicken became so popular, but I am SO glad it did. I remember the first time I made some buffalo chicken wings in the oven, I was about 17 years old. I had no
idea what i was doing, but they came together nicely. My friend Rheanon will back up my story, because I remember eating them on the front porch, and talking about how we should probably open up a restaurant and serve only these, forever. Unfortunately, I never opened a restaurant that sold only buffalo chicken wings. I promise if I ever get that opportunity I will make the menu a bit larger.
This recipe is one of my favorite quick lunch go to’s. It comes together so much quicker than it even takes to explain how to make it!
I can quickly prepare Pepper’s lunch and also have these ready to go, so I can sit and enjoy lunch with her… while watching her throw food to the dogs.
We’ve hit that stage.
This is not my favorite stage at all.
The dogs are sure loving it though!
When making these, I use either some pre-cooked frozen breaded chicken tenders, homemade breaded tenders, or my normal, calorie-friendly grilled chicken. Whatever your heart desires is just fine! Note that points/calories will vary a bit if you use breaded chicken.
Here’s how ya put these delicious wraps together!
Grab your chicken and chop it into small pieces.
In a small bowl, add some cheddar and some creamy cheese wedges.
Add your yummy chopped up chicken!
And then add your favorite hot sauce- mine will forever and always be Frank’s! It’s perfection. (Thank you Frank, whoever you might be!)
Stir it all up and pop into the microwave for about 45 seconds – 1 minute!
Spread the mixture onto a tortilla (I use Tumero’s or Ole Extreme Low Carb Tortillas for the lowest calorie option! 1 smart point per tortilla for all my WeightWatchers girls!)
Add some lettuce, and drizzle a little bit of yogurt ranch.
and I promise, it takes less time to throw this together than it did to read this post and it is sooo delicious!
Anyways, I hope y’all are having a great week. 🙂
I’ve got some exciting things going on that have pulled me away from the blog, but I’m working on balancing it all out. Thanks for understanding and sticking with me!
- 4 oz grilled chicken breasts, cut up into small pieces or shredded
- 1/4 c reduced fat cheddar
- 2 laughing cow creamy swiss wedges
- 2 low point tortillas or flat out wrap
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (less if you don't like it too hot!)
- shredded lettuce
- 2 tbs yogurt ranch (optional)
- ln a medium sized microwave safe bowl, stir together chicken, cheeses, and hot sauce.
- Place in microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Stir together and spread evenly onto both tortillas.
- Sprinkle some lettuce and drizzle some ranch on top of the mixture.
- Roll up and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Wrap. 6 Smart Points. 4 Points Plus. Calories 190, Fat 7g, Carbs 14g, Fiber 7g, Sugar 1g, Protein 23g