I am always, always up for a challenge. One of my favorite things to do is to lighten up something super delicious and fattening and not even be able to tell the difference between the two. My dear friend Meggan from Instagram messaged me asking if I would have any time to replicate and lighten up a delicious Mozzarella and Asparagus sandwich that she had at a farmers market on her birthday. I replied, “Absolutely!” because what she had described sounded so delicious that I wanted it in my mouth at that moment. Now I have no idea what the sandwich she had tasted like, but this is my take on what she described. I turned it into a little two-bite appetizer because it sounded perfect at the time.
I literally just picked up some fresh asparagus at a produce stand, and decided I would make do with what I had at home. I had no idea what was going to happen and sometimes, thats my FAVORITE way to cook.
Sometimes I think I would totally kill at Chopped, but then I remember they get things like 100 year old eggs and duck livers in their basket, and I’m like nah, I’d actually be terrible at that because I would walk away.. bye!
Seriously, major props to those chefs because I would probably cry if I had to even smell some of the ingredients they have to deal with!
Anyways, I’m rambling as I so often do.
Here’s what happened in my kitchen the other day!
Gather up some fresh asparagus. If you can, grab it from a farm stand or farmers market, Even better, if you can find some wild asparagus pick IT ALL! (oh my gosh- that stuff is a dream)
Next up chop it all up into small pieces
Throw it in a skillet and toss it with some olive oil
and garlic… always some garlic!
Add some sea salt! Saute for a few minutes
Toss your asparagus with some mozzarella and parmesan
Now take your biscuits, cut in half, and either roll out into a small circle or mold with your fingers. Press into your mini muffin pans
Now evenly divide the asaparagus and cheese mix into each cup and you’re all set to pop these delicious two bite babies into the oven!
Easy, Peasy, Guilt Free little two bites of heaven!
You could easily eat five and it’s totally fine.
People might judge you, but I won’t.
- 3 cups chopped fresh asparagus
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 c Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1 7.5 oz can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 count)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a 24 count mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- Take your asparagus, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Transfer asparagus to a mixing bowl and add both of your cheeses mix well. (The cheese will probably start to melt, and thats totally fine)
- Take your 10 biscuits and cut each in half. Roll out and shape into a circle.
- Press each circle into a mini muffin space. (You will have enough for 20 spaces)
- Evenly divide the asparagus and cheese mixture and fill each cup!
- Bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Bite. 1 Smart Point, 1 Points Plus. Calories 50 Fat 1.5g Carbs 6g Fiber 0.5g Sugars 1g Protein 3g