Today, I have a special gift for all of you-
I’m going to teach you how to make my delicious breakfast stacks!
This morning I found myself standing in the kitchen, wondering what to make for breakfast. I’m still shopping my own pantry for the most part, trying to clear out the food that we never eat, and maybe save a bit of extra money in the process! More on that in a future post.
Anyways, I dug into the freezer and found a big old bag of hash brown patties, and <Ding!> the light bulb lit up above my head.
This recipe was originally invented by my favorite farmer! He’s not a big cook, but he grills, makes chili, and does these stacks. I’m so thankful for him.
When I was doing Weight Watchers about 6 years ago, I worked a lot of evenings, so I would sleep in. A lot.
(oh, those were the days!)
Eric started making me these delicious stacks of eggs, hash browns, turkey bacon, and cheese almost every morning.. We were obsessed. Back then it was only 5 points plus, but I am telling you now that they are worth every point on smart points.
So delicious, It’s still one of my favorite breakfasts!
I hope you enjoy this little kitchen creation as much as we do!
Start off by browning up those hash brown patties!
After those are done, Throw in some bacon and green onions, or chives, or scallions. Just get some sort of onion in there, because it adds so much lovely flavor!
Pour in your egg substitute, and scramble up those eggs. SO MUCH YUM!
Next up, stack the layers up on your plate starting with the hash browns, followed by the scrambled eggs/bacon mix, and topped off with some cheddar and green onions!
And if you’re feelin’ like you need a lil bit of spice in your life add some hot sauce, because it is delicious!
- 2 frozen hash brown potato patties (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute (I use Egg Beaters)
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped (I use Trader Joe's Apple Smoked Fully Cooked Bacon)
- 2 tbs Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- hot sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray, I always use coconut oil spray
- In a medium frying pan, lightly spray pan with cooking spray, and cook hash brown patties on medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown on each side. (About 4 minutes each side)
- Meanwhile, chop your bacon and green onions up.
- When patties are done, set aside. Add bacon and green onions and cook for about a minute.
- Add egg substitute and scramble everything together. Salt & Pepper, if you want.
- On a plate put the hash brown patty on the bottom, stack your egg scramble on top, garnish with some more green onions.
- Pile on 1 tbs of mild cheddar to each stack.
- Top with some hot sauce, if you like that kind of thing.
- ENJOY! I recommend this with some fresh fruit & a piece of toast.
- 8 Smart points per stack. (Calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder)
- 285 calories, 4g fat, carbohydrates 16g, fiber 2g, sugar 0g, protein 21g (Calculated with My Fitness Pal)