About once a week I put my foot down and I tell Eric, “YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF MISS PEPPER! I AM LIVING IN THE KITCHEN TODAY.” Normally, he argues with me a little because well, he’s a man. (Sorry, Babe. I know you’ll be reading this probably later tonight!)
I’m pretty sure he will forget that I called him out after I make something else to eat, so oh well.
Anyway- like I was saying, about once a week I dedicate a good portion of my day to the kitchen. I test out new recipes, I tweak old ones, I sing along to some Miranda. It’s really a perfect day.
Every hour or so food magically appears on the dining room table and Eric walks in like, “whoa, when can I eat this?” and I normally make him wait until it is cold and after I take some photos. I’m such a mean person.
But, he is the most honest with me when it comes to my recipes. Sometimes a little too honest. He’s quite the food critic these days. (hahaha!) Before I actually post a recipe It normally goes through a chain of people. Myself, Eric, and My mom. If we all agree that it is fabulous, then I tell you all that it is fabulous. We build a lovely relationship of trust, and you continue making my recipes, and my heart is happy!
it’s really a wonderful thing!
Okay, now that you know all of that. I will introduce you to one of my latest kitchen creations. Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti. I love me some tex mex! I normally don’t make it because it’s something I will get when I am out to dinner, but doing this blog now is helping me break out of my cooking shell.
I still won’t put mushrooms in anything, don’t ask.
I hope you all enjoy!
(Eric is my fork holding model in this picture. I still didn’t let him take a bite.)
- 8 ounces Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti, Broke into pieces (I use Ronzoni Smart Taste Thin Spaghetti)
- 2 cups Chicken Breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar
- 10 ounce can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Pepper (diced)
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Cooking Spay
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a casserole dish.
- Put a large pot of salted water on, and boil the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- While waiting for your noodles to be done, grab a large mixing bowl and throw in the chicken, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, cottage cheese, 3/4 cup of the cheese, peppers, onions, and spices. Mix it up until combined well.
- When the noodles are done, drain and transfer into the chicken mixture. Mix well.
- Spread evenly into your casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 40 minutes. Cut into six servings.
- Serving size: 1/6 of the dish. 8 Smart Points.9 Points Plus. 370 Calories. 9g Fat. 3.5g Saturated Fat. 39g carbohydrates. 4g fiber. 3.5g sugar. 30g protein.
- DAILY DOSE NOTE: If you like your food a bit more on the spicy side, add some more cayenne pepper. I wouldn't go over 1/2 teaspoon though, a little goes a LONG way with this spice!