Good morning! It was a early start to the day. Pepper decided it would be fun to wake up at 4 am. WHYYYY. At least I have a few extra hours in the day now to hopefully get some recipes all set up on here.
This is one of the most addicting things you’ll ever make. It’s nothing too crazy special. It’s super simple.
When It cooks together in the crockpot something incredibly tasty happens.
You’ll want this daily!
This was one of my dad’s FAVORITE recipes that my mom made for him. It was a staple in his diet. He would not be too happy with the lightened up version. He was one of those lucky people with the really good metabolisms. Tall and Skinny. I didn’t get those genes. I look at a cheeseburger and I gain a pound. I remember using ground turkey in recipes and telling him it was ground beef, guess what? He didn’t know the difference. (hehe, if you are reading this somehow. Sorry Dad)
The other day I went to the drawing board, aka a cute little notebook with a heart on it that I write all my recipes in, and I did a few little adjustments and voila! calories and points cut, just like that. STILL just as tasty as the original.
I hope you enjoy as much as my whole family does!
- 2 cups Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet Corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 2 1/2 cups Spanish Rice (I use one can, La Preferida brand)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced Fat Cheese, Mexican Blend
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a six quart crock pot, combine your ingredients except the cheese and cilantro. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Stir in your cheese and cilantro, and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips, in a shell or soft tortilla, or just in a big bowl! ENJOY!
- 7 Servings at 5 Smart Points for 3/4 heaping cup (according to WeightWatchers Recipe Builder)