Hello! I know so many people are requesting my recipes on my Instagram. I’m so sorry that I am not able to be quicker. Life is fairly busy for me as I am a new-ish mama to this precious lil girl. Miss Pepper Marie is almost 9 months old, is a olympic gold medalist at fighting sleep when she is exhausted, and she’s teething. I’m not complaining. I love her with my whole heart. It makes for slow recipe writing, blog updating, and food making.
Please bare with me. I promise. We are creating something super special here. My goal is to get at least one recipe tested, written, photographed, and posted a week. Some weeks maybe more, some weeks maybe none.
This is a total work in progress.
Now, for this soup. oh my goodness is it good. You can really play around with it when it comes to the added veggies. I was going to add spinach in this as well, but I forgot it. It’s kind of almost a ‘everything but the kitchen sink’ type of soup.
It’s delicious, nutritious, and EASY. what more could you ask for? I mean, really.
ONE AND A HALF CUPS IS ONLY 3 SMART POINTS! I love to pair it with bread, and some more bread because I don’t feel guilty about it.
- 8 oz Cheese Tortellini (I used Barilla Dried Tortellini)
- 9 Cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Fat-Free Half & Half
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 c Carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium Zucchinis (chopped)
- 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 handful Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tbs Italian Seasoning
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and saute your onions and garlic together until translucent.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and diced tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- While those vegetables are cooking, in another pot, cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot of vegetables. Bring to a boil and stir in the tomato paste, half & half, Italian seasoning and basil.
- Add the tortellini and cook together for a few minutes, add pinches of salt & pepper and taste unti the flavor is perfect. Garnish with basil and some grated parmesan. ENJOY!
- 3 SmartPoints for 1 1/2 cup (calculated with WeightWatchers Recipe Builder)
- DAILY DOSE TIP: For some extra protein, add 2 cups of cooked and chopped chicken for only one point extra per serving!